I have proposed at the Commission Meeting on January 8, 2023; that we should consider implementing a Video Live streaming meeting. On behalf of the residents, I believe this is important because it provides transparency and accessibility to the public. By live streaming, citizens can stay informed about the actions and decisions being made by their elected officials and can easily access this information from the comfort of their own homes. This also ensures accountability and open communication between the government and its constituents, allowing for greater civic engagement and a more democratic society.
A LIVE STREAM OF THE WINTER SPRINGS COMMISSION MEETINGS will increase participation:
- People with disabilities will have even greater access to meetings.
- The ability to “zoom in” from virtually anywhere minutes before a meeting alleviates the need to make the long drive home from work.
- Citizens with children can now participate more effectively from home, instead of having to find childcare in order to physically attend a public meeting.
- Meetings are running 4-5 hours long.
- This is not fair to our community members, who are just there for that one item.
- Avoid making residents wait for hours to speak.
- Respecting Time is a form of Respect.
- Most Important Issues are at the End of the Meetings
- Creates more Transparency.
- Our neighboring cities are using VISUAL Video for their city commission meetings.